This course will provide an analysis of how legendary American fortunes were accumulated and utilized, with emphasis upon the post-Civil War industrial fortunes; Gilded Age lifestyles; impact of the World Wars of the twentieth century and the Great Depression; dot.com fortunes of the late twentieth century; paths to wealth in the twenty-first century; and philanthropy.
Goals and Objectives
- To inculcate an awareness and appreciation of the American system of free enterprise
- To increase students’ knowledge of the nation’s evolving economic history
- To assist course participants in identifying the economic challenges facing the nation historically and contemporaneously
- To enhance course participants’ critical thinking and problem solving skills
- To enhance effective communication
AIT107 Computer Applications