· To demonstrate understanding of the basic learning, conditioning, and memory concepts and principles of both by answering questions on exams and by appropriate application of these principles and concepts to a variety of contexts.
· To understand the theoretical and empirical studies that support the principles and concepts associated with each chapter.
· To be aware of the ethical considerations regarding the applications and techniques discussed in the course, given a specified context.
· To be able to critique research on the use of behavior change techniques.
· To write a thorough Review: Reflection/critique of a journal article on a topic (or topics) covered. Both the topic and the journal require the instructor’s approval.