Credits : 4
This course introduces students to passive AC and DC components and covers basic theory and operation of electrical circuits. Computer labs using circuit simulation software labs will give students the knowledge and skills required by the telecommunications industry.
Goals and Objectives
- To become familiar with the physical and symbolic appearance of DC and AC circuit components.
- To understand the fundamental relationship between voltage, current, and resistance through the application of Ohm's law.
- To learn the basic operation of DC and AC circuits.
- To learn the basics of capacitance and inductance effects on wave forms.
- To learn how to construct and measure circuits using software.
AIT109 Global Telecom Essentials
||Units, Voltage, Current
||Week 1 Quiz
||Resistance, Ohm’s Law, Power, Energy
||Week 2 Quiz
||DC Series Circuits
||Week 3 Quiz
||DC Parallel Circuits
||Week 4 Quiz
||DC Series-Parallel Circuits
||Week 5 Quiz
||Week 6 Quiz
Proctored Midterm Exam
||Week 7 Quiz
||Alternating Current and Voltage
||Week 8 Quiz
||Week 9 Quiz
||Week 10 Quiz
||RLC Circuit Response
||Week 11 Quiz
||Proctored Final Exam
Please note that this course requires a proctor. You can read more about the proctoring program and steps needed to obtain an approved proctor by clicking on this link: Proctoring Program.
There will be a maximum of two proctored examinations for this course. Specific details will be provided once classes begin under the COURSE INFORMATION section of Blackboard.